October 2016 Issue of LVstartup E-Newsletter Released
By Colin McEvoy on October 6, 2016
The world’s lightest high-security bike lock is manufactured right here in the Lehigh Valley. A brand new small-batch brewery has opened in Bethlehem. A new Allentown restaurant has opened near the PPL Center. A Lehigh Valley startup that makes skis for parapalegic athletes has released a new model: the “Hydra.”
These are among just a few of the stories highlighted in the latest issue of LVstartup, a monthly e-newsletter for entrepreneurs and startups in the Lehigh Valley, which was released today.
Other featured stories include Gov. Tom Wolf announcing grant funding for a Bethlehem business incubator expansion, the Lehigh Valley’s GDP reaching a record-high $37 billion, and LVEDC releasing a new video highlighting the region’s vibrant and growing business sector.
Click here to see a full version of the new issue, and click here if you’d like to subscribe to the e-newsletter, which is released each first Thursday of the month.
The latest LVstartup also spotlights several upcoming events, including TechTailgate Lehigh Valley, the Southside Bethlehem KIZ Annual Update, the Baker Institute’s Creativate!, the Ben Franklin Venture Idol, and many more.
Each month, LVstartup features a Lehigh Valley startup. This issue, the company is TeraDrones, which offers offers the latest drone technologies and innovations to capture and protect your memories and experiences, striving to deliver the best products for photography, aerial imagining, and protective cases.
To see other past issues of LVstartup, click on the links below:
- September 1, 2016 — New Video Shows Lehigh Valley is the Perfect Place for Entrepreneurs!
- August 4, 2016 — A-Treat, Cooking, Cycling, Lacrosse, and More!
- July 7, 2016 — LVstartup Newsletter for Lehigh Valley Entrepreneurs Hits One-Year Anniversary
- June 2, 2016 — Bold Optimism, Building Sticks, Award-Winning Mead, and More!
- May 5, 2016 — Allentown a National Success Story Easton Public Market Opens!
- April 7, 2016 — Videos Triceratops, Organic Food, Software Development, and More!
- March 3, 2016 — Toys, Beauty Products, Dinosaurs, and More!
- Feb. 4, 2016 — Paintballs, Beers, Video, Grants, and More!
- Jan. 7, 2016 — Penn State and City Center Partner on New Program for Entrepreneurs
- Dec. 4, 2015 — Lehigh University Makes Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Five
- Nov. 5, 2015 — Allentown Business Incubator Named PEDA Program of the Year
- Oct. 1, 2015 — Award-Winning Gin, Talking to Whales, and More!
- Sept. 3, 2015 — Skiing, Musicians, Photometric Testing, and More!
- Aug. 6, 2015 — Mead, Startups, Therapy Bikes, and More!
- July 2, 2015 — Entrepreneurs, Velociraptors, Wineries, and More!
LVEDC’s Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley aims to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region by listening to its entrepreneurs, identifying their unmet needs, communicating regional entrepreneurship initiatives between council members, and connecting local resources to continue the development of new entrepreneurial support initiatives.
LVstartup receives input from various organizations that serves the local entrepreneurial community, including LVEDC, the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation at Lehigh University, Lehigh Valley Tech, the Allentown Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the Bethlehem Department of Community and Economic Development, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Penn State Lehigh Valley, and others.
Lehigh Valley Company Creates World’s Lightest High-Security Bike Lock
Did you know the world’s lightest high-security bike lock is manufactured and sold right here in the Lehigh Valley? The Bethlehem-based startup Altor Locks has created the [...]Continue to Next Page