November Issue of Monthly LVstartup E-Newsletter Released
By Colin McEvoy on November 2, 2017
The New York Times recently ran a front page story about the Lehigh Valley economy. A Bethlehem cosmetics company is the region’s fastest growing company for a third straight year. And an actress known for Orange is the New Black and True Blood is headlining a local event about entrepreneurship.
These were among the stories featured in the latest issue of LVstartup, a monthly e-newsletter about entrepreneurs and startups in the Lehigh Valley, which was released today.
Click here to see a full version of the new issue, and click here if you’d like to subscribe to the e-newsletter.
Other featured stories include, among others:
- The Ben Franklin TechVentures business incubator celebrating its new West Wing
- Demolition starting on the $250 million Five City Center project in Allentown
- Lehigh University students connecting their athletic background with entrepreneurship
- Penn State Lehigh Valley offering a new degree in biobehavioral health.
The issue also spotlights several upcoming events, including the Ben Franklin Venture Idol 2017; the EUREKA! Ventures Competition hosted by Lehigh University’s Baker Institute; the Lehigh Valley Research Consortium’s State of Data in the Lehigh Valley; and the Southside Bethlehem KIZ Annual Update.
Additionally, LVstartup features a Lehigh Valley startup each month. This issue, the company is HAIRiette, a hair product line dedicated to serving the needs of women of all ethnicities with dry, curly, and coily hair, created by actress Tanya Wright.
Visit here for a full archive of past LVstartup issues. To see issues from the past six months, click on the links below:
- October 5, 2017 — Lehigh Valley’s Economy Reaches Record Heights
- September 7, 2017 — Allentown’s Transformation, Grants for Small Businesses, and More!
- August 3, 2017 — Students, Spices, Summer Camp, & More!
- July 6, 2017 — American Airlines, Award-Winning SteelStacks, Incubator Space & More!
- June 1, 2017 — Smartphone Apps, “Revolting Against Revolution,” & More!
- May 5, 2017 — iXchange Paintballs Manufacturing and More!
LVEDC’s Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley aims to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region by listening to its entrepreneurs, identifying their unmet needs, communicating regional entrepreneurship initiatives between council members, and connecting local resources to continue the development of new entrepreneurial support initiatives.
LVstartup receives input from various organizations that serves the local entrepreneurial community, including LVEDC, the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation at Lehigh University, Lehigh Valley Tech, the Allentown Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the Bethlehem Department of Community and Economic Development, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Penn State Lehigh Valley, and others.
New Lehigh Valley Report Highlights Economic Growth, Shortage of Small-Footprint Manufacturing Space
The latest issue of the Lehigh Valley Commercial Real Estate Report has been released, highlighting the region’s industrial growth, record-high gross domestic product, and[...]Continue to Next Page