Newest Issue of Monthly LVstartup Newsletter Released
By Colin McEvoy on June 2, 2016
The latest issue of LVstartup, a monthly e-newsletter for entrepreneurs and startups in the Lehigh Valley, was released on June 2.
Among the stories featured this month were a Lehigh University student launching a Kickstarter campaign for her set of creativity-building toy building sticks; the Colony Meadery in Allentown winning four first-place prizes at an international competition; and Sen. Bob Casey calling for more federal funding for a Bethlehem company developing a Zika virus test.
Click here to see a full version of the new issue, and click here if you’d like to subscribe to the e-newsletter, which is released each first Thursday of the month.
Other stories included the Ben Franklin iXchange held last month; entrepreneurs being sought for a new downtown Allentown program; progress being made at the Allentown Metal Works site; and recent success stories for Lehigh Valley startups and companies like LifeAire Systems and Cernostics.
The latest LVstartup also highlights several upcoming events, including an An open entrepreneur hub at the Bethlehem’s Pi (Partnership for Innovation) business incubator on June 3; LVTech hosting its Tech Happy Hour in Bethlehem on June 7; Girl Develop It Lehigh Valley hosting an information mix and mingle event on June 21; and Penn State Lehigh Valley’s new two-week Teen Entrepreneurship Summer Challenge.
Each month, LVstartup also spotlights a Lehigh Valley startup. This issue, the company is Azevan Pharmaceuticals, a Bethlehem-based client of the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania, which is developing novel small molecule medicines for disorders of stress, mood, and behavior.
To see other past issues of LVstartup, click on the links below:
- May 5, 2016 — Allentown a National Success Story Easton Public Market Opens!
- April 7, 2016 — Videos Triceratops, Organic Food, Software Development, and More!
- March 3, 2016 — Toys, Beauty Products, Dinosaurs, and More!
- Feb. 4, 2016 — Paintballs, Beers, Video, Grants, and More!
- Jan. 7, 2016 — Penn State and City Center Partner on New Program for Entrepreneurs
- Dec. 4, 2015 — Lehigh University Makes Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Five
- Nov. 5, 2015 — Allentown Business Incubator Named PEDA Program of the Year
- Oct. 1, 2015 — Award-Winning Gin, Talking to Whales, and More!
- Sept. 3, 2015 — Skiing, Musicians, Photometric Testing, and More!
- Aug. 6, 2015 — Mead, Startups, Therapy Bikes, and More!
- July 2, 2015 — Entrepreneurs, Velociraptors, Wineries, and More!
LVstartup is created and distributed by the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC) as an initiative of its Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley. The council’s mission is to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region by listening to its entrepreneurs, identifying their unmet needs, communicating regional entrepreneurship initiatives between council members, and connecting local resources to continue the development of new entrepreneurial support initiatives.
LVstartup receives input from various organizations that serves the local entrepreneurial community, including LVEDC, the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation at Lehigh University, Lehigh Valley Tech, Allentown Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the Bethlehem Department of Community and Economic Development, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Penn State Lehigh Valley, and others.
Lehigh Valley Has Best Post-Recession Job Growth in Pennsylvania for Third Straight Year
For the third straight year, the Lehigh Valley ranks highest among major metropolitan areas in Pennsylvania when it comes to post-recession job growth. The Lehigh Valle[...]Continue to Next Page