New LVstartup Released in Advance of Global Entrepreneurship Week
By Colin McEvoy on November 3, 2016
Less than two weeks before the start of Global Entrepreneurship Week, the latest issue of LVstartup – a monthly e-newsletter for entrepreneurs and startups in the Lehigh Valley – has been released.
Running from Nov. 14-20, Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world’s largest celebration of innovators and startups, seeking to inspire people through local, national and global activities designed to help them explore their potential as self-starters and entrepreneurs.
Several Global Entrepreneurship Week events have been planned in the Lehigh Valley, which are highlighted in the latest issue of LVstartup. They include:
- A panel discussion will address the need for smaller space for growing companies
- A series of sessions with entrepreneurs at Lehigh Carbon Community College
- The CEO of MindMe will be the speaker at an event hosted by Startup Grind
- The Michael L. Karapetian ’97 Entrepreneurship Symposium at Moravian College will explore the entrepreneurial spirit
- The Small Business Council & Young Professionals Council Business Innovation ReBoot Camp and Brunch
- AITP Lehigh Valley will host the 2016 IoT Forum at Lehigh University
The latest issue also spotlights several startup-related news stories, including a Bethlehem-based cosmetics company topping the Lehigh Valley Fastest Growing Companies list, LVEDC winning the prestigious “Excellence in Development Finance Program” award, and a Bethlehem-based biomedical company CEO being inducted into the New Jersey Inventors Hall of Fame.
For companies seeking space in the Lehigh Valley, this month’s LVstartup also features a round-up of available business incubator space in such incubators as the Allentown Bridgeworks Enterprise Center, Bethlehem’s Pi: Partnership for Innovation, or downtown Allentown’s Velocity.
Each month, LVstartup features a Lehigh Valley startup. This issue, the company is Harbor Light Software, a leading provider of real-time marine data collection and reporting software.
Visit here for a full archive of past LVstartup issues. To see issues from the past six months, click on the links below:
- October 6, 2016 — Bike Locks, Breweries, Drones & More!
- September 1, 2016 — New Video Shows Lehigh Valley is the Perfect Place for Entrepreneurs!
- August 4, 2016 — A-Treat, Cooking, Cycling, Lacrosse, and More!
- July 7, 2016 — LVstartup Newsletter for Lehigh Valley Entrepreneurs Hits One-Year Anniversary
- June 2, 2016 — Bold Optimism, Building Sticks, Award-Winning Mead, and More!
- May 5, 2016 — Allentown a National Success Story Easton Public Market Opens!
LVEDC’s Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley aims to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region by listening to its entrepreneurs, identifying their unmet needs, communicating regional entrepreneurship initiatives between council members, and connecting local resources to continue the development of new entrepreneurial support initiatives.
LVstartup receives input from various organizations that serves the local entrepreneurial community, including LVEDC, the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation at Lehigh University, Lehigh Valley Tech, the Allentown Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the Bethlehem Department of Community and Economic Development, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Penn State Lehigh Valley, and others.
Bethlehem Ranks in ‘Best Places to Retire’ by Money Magazine
Money magazine has selected Bethlehem as one of the best places in the country to retire to, ranking #1 out of all cities in the Northeast region. "There was a time whe[...]Continue to Next Page