New LVstartup Issue Touts Lehigh Valley’s Record-Breaking Economic Growth
By Colin McEvoy on October 5, 2017
The Lehigh Valley economy is now larger than that of the entire states of Vermont and Wyoming. And you can read all about it in the latest issue of LVstartup.
The October issue of the monthly e-newsletter about Lehigh Valley entrepreneurs and startups was released today, and included such stories as the regional gross domestic product (GDP) reaching a record-high $39 billion.
Other featured stories include, among others:
- LVEDC pitching the Lehigh Valley for Amazon’s second headquarters
- Bethlehem’s SteelStacks campus winning a prestigious award
- A former Bethlehem Steel factor being transformed into a space for small companies to thrive
- Northampton Community College’s Fowler Center getting a $5 million facelift
The issue also spotlights several upcoming events, including the Lehigh Valley Meet the Buyers Expo, the Pennsylvania Economic Development Association’s (PEDA) 2017 Fall Conference, and the Lehigh Valley March of Dimes Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Awards.
Additionally, LVstartup features a Lehigh Valley startup each month. This issue, the company is Amorphic Tech, an Allentown-based multifaceted engineering solutions company whose mission is to deliver high quality, sophisticated prototypes and design solutions for industrial mechanical systems.
Visit here for a full archive of past LVstartup issues. To see issues from the past six months, click on the links below:
- September 7, 2017 — Allentown’s Transformation, Grants for Small Businesses, and More!
- August 3, 2017 — Students, Spices, Summer Camp, & More!
- July 6, 2017 — American Airlines, Award-Winning SteelStacks, Incubator Space & More!
- June 1, 2017 — Smartphone Apps, “Revolting Against Revolution,” & More!
- May 5, 2017 — iXchange Paintballs Manufacturing and More!
- April 6, 2017 — How to Go From Rock Bottom to Millions of Dollars
LVEDC’s Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley aims to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region by listening to its entrepreneurs, identifying their unmet needs, communicating regional entrepreneurship initiatives between council members, and connecting local resources to continue the development of new entrepreneurial support initiatives.
LVstartup receives input from various organizations that serves the local entrepreneurial community, including LVEDC, the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation at Lehigh University, Lehigh Valley Tech, the Allentown Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the Bethlehem Department of Community and Economic Development, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Penn State Lehigh Valley, and others.
Job-Killing Warehouse Tax Opposed by LVEDC is Off the Table
Last week, the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC) reached out to regional legislators, brokers, developers, businesses, and other Lehigh Valley stakeho[...]Continue to Next Page