New LVstartup Features A-Treat, Cooking, Cycling, and Lacrosse
By Colin McEvoy on August 4, 2016
The new issue of LVstartup, a monthly e-newsletter for entrepreneurs and startups in the Lehigh Valley, was released today.
Among the stories featured was a commercial kitchen in Allentown helping cooks become entrepreneurs, A-Treat’s efforts to revive sales one year after an ownership change, Olympic cyclists returning to their alma mater Penn State Lehigh Valley, and student-athletes from Lehigh University’s lacrosse teams becoming entrepreneurs.
Click here to see a full version of the new issue, and click here if you’d like to subscribe to the e-newsletter. Released each first Thursday of the month, LVstartup reached its one-year anniversary last month.
Other stories in the new issue included a Bethlehem program offering tax credits to qualified companies, the state awarding a $2 million loan to help redevelop the Allentown Metal Works, Concannon Miller releasing a new resource guide for Lehigh Valley manufacturers, and the startup Valor Connect being featured in The Morning Call.
The latest LVstartup also spotlights several upcoming events, including a demo day for Lehigh University’s LaunchBayC summer program, LVTech hosting a meetup, Lehigh’s Small Business Development Center hosting two pre-venture seminars, and a “Save the Date” for the upcoming Ben Franklin Venture Idol.
It also highlights the fact that the August 5 deadline is fast approaching for companies to submit nominations for Lehigh Valley Business’s Fastest Growing Companies program.
Each month, LVstartup features a Lehigh Valley startup. This issue, the company is Glemser Technologies, a Bethlehem-based provider of content and quality management solutions committed to keeping its life science clients’ operations running smoothly, resolving technical challenges efficiently and methodically.
To see other past issues of LVstartup from over the past year, click on the links below:
- July 7, 2016 — LVstartup Newsletter for Lehigh Valley Entrepreneurs Hits One-Year Anniversary
- June 2, 2016 — Bold Optimism, Building Sticks, Award-Winning Mead, and More!
- May 5, 2016 — Allentown a National Success Story Easton Public Market Opens!
- April 7, 2016 — Videos Triceratops, Organic Food, Software Development, and More!
- March 3, 2016 — Toys, Beauty Products, Dinosaurs, and More!
- Feb. 4, 2016 — Paintballs, Beers, Video, Grants, and More!
- Jan. 7, 2016 — Penn State and City Center Partner on New Program for Entrepreneurs
- Dec. 4, 2015 — Lehigh University Makes Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Five
- Nov. 5, 2015 — Allentown Business Incubator Named PEDA Program of the Year
- Oct. 1, 2015 — Award-Winning Gin, Talking to Whales, and More!
- Sept. 3, 2015 — Skiing, Musicians, Photometric Testing, and More!
- Aug. 6, 2015 — Mead, Startups, Therapy Bikes, and More!
- July 2, 2015 — Entrepreneurs, Velociraptors, Wineries, and More!
LVEDC’s Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley aims to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region by listening to its entrepreneurs, identifying their unmet needs, communicating regional entrepreneurship initiatives between council members, and connecting local resources to continue the development of new entrepreneurial support initiatives.
LVstartup receives input from various organizations that serves the local entrepreneurial community, including LVEDC, the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation at Lehigh University, Lehigh Valley Tech, the Allentown Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the Bethlehem Department of Community and Economic Development, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Penn State Lehigh Valley, and others.
Lehigh Valley International Airport Among Most Affordable in the United States
Airfare prices are constantly fluctuating and finding an affordable flight can be a challenge. Unless you’re flying out of the Lehigh Valley.The Lehigh Valley Internat[...]Continue to Next Page