LVstartup Newsletter for Lehigh Valley Entrepreneurs Hits One-Year Anniversary
By Colin McEvoy on July 7, 2016
The newest issue of LVstartup marks exactly one year since the monthly e-newsletter for Lehigh Valley entrepreneurs and startups was launched.
The first issue was released on July 2, 2015, as an initiative of the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation‘s (LVEDC) Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley, whose mission is to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region.
The new issue, released July 7, includes such stories as a recording studio moving from New Jersey to Easton, a Bethlehem company developing the world’s lightest high-security bike lock, and plans to convert a downtown Allentown building into a classic car showroom.
Other stories included the Easton Planning Commission looking to eliminate hoops startups must go through; a recap of downtown Allentown’s Blues, Brews & Barbecue festival; the Allentown Economic Development Corporation offering microloans to incubator clients; and a Lehigh University graduate creating interconnectable toy building sticks.
The latest LVstartup also highlights several upcoming events, including LVTech hosting “Get Started with Screeps,” Penn State Lehigh Valley’s Teen Entrepreneurship Summer Challenge, a demo day for Lehigh University’s LaunchBayC summer program, and Lehigh’s Small Business Development Center hosting two pre-venture seminars.
Each month, LVstartup also spotlights a Lehigh Valley startup. This issue, the company is Eggzack, a Bethlehem-based company that provides an automated sales and marketing system designed for companies that serve local markets.
To see other past issues of LVstartup from over the past year, click on the links below:
- June 2, 2016 — Bold Optimism, Building Sticks, Award-Winning Mead, and More!
- May 5, 2016 — Allentown a National Success Story Easton Public Market Opens!
- April 7, 2016 — Videos Triceratops, Organic Food, Software Development, and More!
- March 3, 2016 — Toys, Beauty Products, Dinosaurs, and More!
- Feb. 4, 2016 — Paintballs, Beers, Video, Grants, and More!
- Jan. 7, 2016 — Penn State and City Center Partner on New Program for Entrepreneurs
- Dec. 4, 2015 — Lehigh University Makes Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Five
- Nov. 5, 2015 — Allentown Business Incubator Named PEDA Program of the Year
- Oct. 1, 2015 — Award-Winning Gin, Talking to Whales, and More!
- Sept. 3, 2015 — Skiing, Musicians, Photometric Testing, and More!
- Aug. 6, 2015 — Mead, Startups, Therapy Bikes, and More!
- July 2, 2015 — Entrepreneurs, Velociraptors, Wineries, and More!
LVEDC’s Entrepreneurship Council of the Lehigh Valley aims to improve the entrepreneurial environment of the region by listening to its entrepreneurs, identifying their unmet needs, communicating regional entrepreneurship initiatives between council members, and connecting local resources to continue the development of new entrepreneurial support initiatives.
LVstartup receives input from various organizations that serves the local entrepreneurial community, including LVEDC, the Baker Institute for Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Innovation at Lehigh University, Lehigh Valley Tech, the Allentown Economic Development Corporation (AEDC), the Bethlehem Department of Community and Economic Development, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Penn State Lehigh Valley, and others.
Lehigh Valley Packaging Company for Life Sciences Industry Completes $45 Million Expansion
A global market-leading packaging company for the life sciences industry has increased its packaging capacity by 30 percent as the result of a $45 million expansion at its[...]Continue to Next Page