LVEDC’s Doug Warfel One of Lehigh Valley Business Forty Under 40
By Colin McEvoy on March 2, 2020
Doug Warfel of the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC) has been recognized by a program that celebrates the most outstanding young professionals in the greater Lehigh Valley area.
Warfel, 39, LVEDC’s Director of Business Recruitment and Lending, has been named one of 2020’s Forty Under 40 by Lehigh Valley Business (LVB).
“It’s a true honor to be recognized not only for my work, but more specifically for the group of professionals in which I received this recognition,” said Warfel, an Allentown native. “It’s an all-star cast and I’m beyond flattered to be recognized amongst them.”
The Forty Under 40 event celebrates the most accomplished young businesspeople who have been making headlines in their field and who share a commitment to business growth, professional excellence, and to the community, according to LVB.
“Doug is a crucial member of our team and an important contributor to our business attraction, retention, and expansion efforts,” said Don Cunningham, President & CEO of LVEDC.
“His work in helping to bring companies to Lehigh Valley and working with companies that are already here has been invaluable,” Cunningham said. “Additionally, his financial background has been extremely helpful when it comes to working with companies and helping them understand how to access the funding they need to help companies come here are grow here.”
The LVB 2020 Forty Under 40 Awards ceremony will be held Wednesday, April 22, at the Bear Creek Mountain Resort in Macungie. Tickets are on sale now. Click here for more information or to register.
“I don’t envy the work that our judges had to undertake when deciding who would be making the Lehigh Valley Business Forty Under 4o class this year,” said Cathy Hirko, LVB Associate Publisher/Editorial Director. “We had a number of very talented, emerging leaders on the list. We are looking forward to celebrating them on April 22.”
In his capacity as LVEDC Director of Business Recruitment and Lending, Warfel demonstrates the value of the economic assets of the Lehigh Valley to prospect companies and also in-market companies that have displayed an interest in making an investment in the region.
Warfel also assists with LVEDC’s lead generation effort by providing market knowledge and industry expertise in recruitment target sectors.
“I’m extremely fortunate to be able to work for an organization like LVEDC and in a capacity that allows me to go to work everyday with the sole mission of making the Lehigh Valley the best possible place to live, work, and play,” Warfel said.
“Having lived my entire life here, it’s an honor to be able to use my time and talents to give back the individuals, companies, and organizations that make this place so special,” he said. “As a husband and father, it’s beyond rewarding to be recognized for my efforts and knowing that my work makes a difference in the place where my family lives.”
Prior to joining LVEDC, Warfel was a professional banker with a diverse background in financial services, loan servicing, retail banking, and more. He had worked as a commercial loan officer for ESSA Bank & Trust, where he was responsible for managing a more than $25 million portfolio from loan origination to settlement and maintenance.
He also previously worked as a branch manager and residential loan officer at First Star Bank. He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration and communication studies from West Virginia University.
- Makala A. Ashmar, Lehigh Northampton Airport Authority
- Kristin Behler, MPH, MCHES® Populytics, Inc.
- Travis Bieber, RKL, LLP
- Brett Biggs, The Biggs Group at Janney Montgomery Scott, LLC
- Ashley N. Blessing, Herbein + Company, Inc.
- John T. Campomizzi, The Seltzer Group
- Kenneth R. Charette, Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, P.C.
- Nicole L Chinnici, East Stroudsburg University
- Megan Conrad, FMI (Fragrance Manufacturing, Inc.)
- Kate Curcio, Norris McLaughlin, P.A.; ABE Settlement Services, LLC
- Cady Darago, ESQuisite Marketing, LLC
- Veronne Demesyeux, LMSW New Bethany Ministries
- Jeffrey Drobins, Peoples Security Bank and Trust Company
- Edward Easterly, Hoffman Hlavac & Easterly
- Sarah Finney, Miller NAI Summit
- Joseph Franco, Phoebe Ministries
- Aaron C. Gantz, Greater Reading Chamber Alliance
- Margaret A. Hadinger, Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Thomas Harper, Zator Law
- Eric C. Hinkle, Buckno Lisicky & Company
- Issac A. Hof, Hof & Reid LLC
- Al Jacobsen, Allentown Symphony Association
- Matthew B. Kawczenski, PE, SE, FSEI McLaren Engineering Group
- Theresa Krohn, Center for Humanistic Change
- Kyle McLemore, BSI Corporate Benefits
- Veronica H. Moore, Alma & Eva
- Katherine Moyer, Concannon Miller
- R. Nicholas Nanovic, Gross McGinley, LLP
- Kathryn Lucy Paretti, Barry Isett & Associates, Inc.
- Vishvesh Patel, Pentemo Group Inc
- Kelly McLean Rindock, Raymond James
- John L Scott, Community First Fund
- Karley Biggs Sebia, King, Spry, Herman, Freund & Faul, LLC
- Amanda Sellers, Psy.D. Amanda Sellers, Psy.D., LLC
- Luvleen Sidhu, BankMobile
- Michael Tierney, Stuffed Puffs LLC
- Christopher Valente, MD Reading Hospital – Tower Health
- Tiffany Vrabel, Brown & Brown Insurance of the Lehigh Valley
- Doug Warfel, Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation
Lindsay Watson, FIA NYC Employment Services
Lehigh Valley Student Teams Explain ‘What’s So Cool About Manufacturing’
More than 225,000 votes were cast in this year’s annual “What’s So Cool About Manufacturing?” Lehigh Valley student video contest. Each year, the Manufacturers Resource[...]Continue to Next Page