LVEDC Welcomes New Board Members, Recognizing Outgoing Members
By Colin McEvoy on March 22, 2022
The Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC) is proud to welcome new members to the organization’s Board of Directors, as well as to recognize incumbent board members who have begun new terms this year.
The newest members to join the board since LVEDC’s 2021 annual meeting program were welcomed to the organization during the LVEDC 2022 Annual Meeting virtual program on March 22. They include:
- Gunnar Brunius, Vice President & General Manager of Mack Trucks Lehigh Valley Operations
- Michele McGrath, Director of Global Engineering & Manufacturing with Air Products
- Shelly McWilliams, President of Lehigh Valley Plastics
- Ray Midlam, Network Vice President of Business Development & Strategy at St. Luke’s University Health Network
- Stephanie Raymond, President of PPL Electric Utilities
Additionally, the mayors of the Lehigh Valley’s three cities each serve on the LVEDC Board of Directors, and this year LVEDC welcomed two newly-elected mayors in J. William Reynolds of Bethlehem and Matt Tuerk of Allentown. They will fill the board seats previously held by Bob Donchez and Ray O’Connell, whose mayoral terms ended in January.
“We have another group of uniquely qualified and well-respected professionals joining us this year, and their fresh perspective and diverse mix of talents and experiences will help us as we face future challenges and continue to foster the economic development in Lehigh Valley,” said LVEDC President & CEO Don Cunningham.
The following incumbent members of the LVEDC board were re-elected to a second three-year term this year:
- Chris Brown, Senior Vice President & Commercial Market Executive of Fulton Bank
- Michael Landsburg, Chief Development Officer, Real Estate of NFI Industries
- Susan Larkin, Chief Operating Officer of Allied Personnel Services
- Tina Richardson, Chancellor of Penn State Lehigh Valley
During the annual meeting program, LVEDC Board Chair Ed Dougherty also acknowledged and thanked members who departed from the board since the 2021 Annual Meeting. They include:
- Anne Baum, President of Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital
- Luke Cunningham, who ended his tenure as Chair of the Bethlehem Economic Development Corporation
- Gregory Dudkin, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer with the PPL Corporation
- Eric Luftig, who accepted a new position outside of the Lehigh Valley as Senior Vice President of Product at Dorman Products
- Gary Kinsey, Manager of Real Estate & Investment Recovery & America’s Real Estate Procurement with Air Products
- Carol Kuplen, President of St. Luke’s University Hospital Bethlehem & Chief Nursing Officer at St. Luke’s University Health Network
- Barry Wentzel, who retired as Director East Region at UGI Utilities, Inc.
“I’d like to thank each of these departing board members for their wisdom, experience, and guidance during these past few years,” said Dougherty, Senior Vice President & Chief Business Development Officer with Lehigh Valley Health Network. “I’m deeply appreciative to my fellow colleagues on the LVEDC Board of Directors, as well as the staff at LVEDC, for all their tireless work in promoting economic growth in the Lehigh Valley.”
LVEDC Saw Record Investment, Sponsorships in 2021 Despite COVID-19
Despite the uncertainty created by the COVID-19 crisis, the coalition supporting the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation reaffirmed its support for regional eco[...]Continue to Next Page