LVEDC Fall Signature Event Tickets Available, Registration Requested by Friday
By Colin McEvoy on September 12, 2022
Due to strong interest in the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC) Fall Signature Event, we ask that attendees please register by no later than this Friday, Sept. 16.
The event will provide you the opportunity to hear directly from the Presidents and CEOs of some of the biggest and most prestigious manufacturers in the region.
It will include keynote remarks from Crayola President & CEO Rich Wuerthele, and an impressive roster of company executives from some of the largest and most prestigious companies in the region, including a manufacturing panel featuring B. Braun Medical, Victaulic, Stuffed Puffs, and A.P. Deauville.
In addition to the manufacturing panel, the program will include a panel of the change-makers behind the dramatic transformation of the city of Easton, which has reimagined itself as a trendy entertainment, arts, and culinary destination.
The program will begin promptly at 4 p.m. and conclude at 5:15 p.m., to be followed by networking reception until 6 p.m.
Wuerthele, an executive with more than 30 years in the consumer goods industry, became President & CEO of Crayola in 2020. Before coming to the company, he led several brands and divisions for Newell Rubbermaid, most recently its Home Fragrance business.
During his keynote remarks at the LVEDC Fall Signature Event, Wuerthele will discuss manufacturing in the Lehigh Valley, its importance to the regional economy, why manufacturers are attracted to the region, and the future of this important sector for the Lehigh Valley.
The panelists for the manufacturing discussion include:
- Rick Bucher, President & CEO of Victaulic. An inventor and co-inventor behind 21 patents and patent applications, Bucher became President of Victaulic in 2020 and was named CEO in 2021.
- Jean-Claude Dubacher, President & CEO of B. Braun Medical, who has more than 15 years of experience in the health care industry. A global leader in medical devices, B. Braun Medical has its U.S. headquarters and production facilities in the Lehigh Valley.
- Michael Tierney, founder & CEO of Stuffed Puffs. Tierney scaled up his business at the Factory LLC in Bethlehem, and ast year opened a $65 million production facility in the Lehigh Valley, employing more than 150 people.
- Frederick Horowitz, President & CEO of A.P. Deauville. He is an experienced executive and founder of multiple, fast-growing consumer product brands. A.P. Deauville relocated from New Jersey to the Lehigh Valley last year.
The panelists for the Easton discussion include:
- Nicole Hurd, President of Lafayette College. Hurd, a religious scholar and founding CEO of the nation’s largest college access program, was named Lafayette College’s 18th president last year.
- Mark Mulligan of VM Development Group. He is among the owners of is among the owners of the Easton-based company, which drove high-profile redevelopment of urban and historic buildings for commercial and residential use.
- Mike Pichetto, owner of 3rd & Ferry Fish Market. Pichetto and his wife opened the market in downtown Easton nearly a decade ago inside the former Lipkins Furniture building at 56 S. Third Street.
- Bill Strickland, editorial director of Hearst Enthusiast Group, which includes the Bicycling and Runner’s World publications. Hearst entered the Lehigh Valley market in 2018 when it acquired Rodale’s global health and wellness brands.
The LVEDC Fall Signature Event is made possible with support from presenting sponsor Capital Blue Cross. The event’s gold sponsor is The Morning Call, and the cocktail sponsors are BSI Corporate Benefits, and Klunk & Millan Advertising.
Silver sponsors are Boyle Construction Management, Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, Lehigh Valley Health Network, Moravian University, St. Luke’s University Health Network, D’Huy Engineering, and Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.
Community sponsors are Penn Community Bank, DGI, Barry Isett & Associates, Manufacturers Resource Center, Goodwill Keystone Area, MKSD architects, HMK Insurance, LaBella Associates, Keystone Food Products, Earthres, Unity Bank, Vastex International Inc. and Service Electric.
Lehigh University, Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center Partnership Enters Fifth Year
A unique partnership between Lehigh University and the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center is entering its fifth year, and it kicked off this anniversary by ringing the opening [...]Continue to Next Page