LVEDC continues to monitor the economic impacts on Lehigh Valley from the spread of COVID-19. We will keep this page updated with information about resources available to businesses as conditions continue to develop.
NOTE: As of 6 p.m. on March 31, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development no longer is accepting applications for the COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program (CWCA). The applications received as of that time surpassed the funding available to the program.
COVID-19 Resources and Information Sources:
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf Newsroom
- US Treasury Department Paycheck Protection Program Information
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program Information
- US SBA COVID-19 Guidance
- US SBA Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- US SBA Express Bridge Loan Program Guide
- Lehigh University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Assistance with Applying for Disaster Financing and Assistance
- GLVCC’s $150,000 Grant Pool for Lehigh Valley Businesses
- PA Dept of Community and Economic Development Assistance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus Unemployment Offerings for Employees Impacted
- Pennsylvania Rapid Response Information Guide
- PA.gov: Responding to COVID-19 in Pennsylvania
- COVID-19 and Employer Unemployment Compensation FAQ
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Industry-Specific Guidance from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania:
The Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers are hosting webinars that cover how a business or non-profit organization can apply for a federal Small Business Administration disaster loan. Upcoming webinars, with links to register are:
LVEDC Blog Posts Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- LVEDC Helping Connect Lehigh Valley Small Businesses with COVID-19 Financing
- Don Cunningham Column: Finding a New Way and Maintaining Connectedness
- Lehigh Valley Companies Step Up To Fight COVID-19 Outbreak
- Supplies Sought for Lehigh Valley Health Care Providers
- Financing Options Available for Lehigh Valley Businesses Affected by COVID-19
- LVEDC Reports Initial Findings From Survey of COVID-19 Economic Impacts
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Business Resources Available After Gov. Wolf’s Closure Order
- LVEDC Monitoring, Gathering Economic Data in Response to Coronavirus
- Economic Impact of Coronavirus Discussed at Lehigh Valley Business Symposium
To view the governor’s list of non-life-sustaining vs. life-sustaining businesses, click here. (In extenuating circumstances, special exemptions will be granted to businesses that are supplying or servicing health care providers.)
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in enforcement action that could include citations, fines, or license suspensions.
If you would like to seek a waiver for your business, at this time the process available is to email: [email protected]. The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development has announced that businesses ordered to close under the governor’s order that believe they provide essential services and should remain open have until Friday, April 3, at 5 p.m. to apply for a waiver. After that time, the submission period will be closed.
If you would like to contact the Administration with questions about whether you need to close your business, the process provided is to email: [email protected]
SBA (Small Business Administration) extended its approval of disaster loan assistance to all Pennsylvania counties, including Lehigh and Northampton County.