LVEDC Talent Supply Update: A Quick-Start Toolkit for Apprenticeships
By Colin McEvoy on February 12, 2018
Each week, Karianne Gelinas, Director of Talent Supply with the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC), will provide an update and additional information about its ongoing initiative to identify talent supply and demand issues in the region and create a strategy that results in a broader, ongoing understanding of the Lehigh Valley workforce. (See past updates.)
I’ve previously spoken about why apprenticeships are one of the most recommended best practices for preparing the talent pipeline with skills demanded by employers.
This week, I’d like to share some information from a “quick-start toolkit” for building registered apprenticeship programs, released by the U.S. Department of Labor. It includes the benefits of apprenticeships (as seen below), as well as steps for how to implement them.
Those steps include:
- Explore: Explore apprenticeship as a strategy to meet your needs for skilled workers
- Partner: Partner with key players in your region to develop an apprenticeship program
- Build: Build the core components of your apprenticeship program
- Register: Register your program to join the apprenticeship network
- Launch: Launch your new Registered Apprenticeship program
LVEDC to Host State of the County Events for Lehigh, Northampton
The Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC) will host “State of the County” events for both Lehigh and Northampton counties in the upcoming weeks. Lehigh[...]Continue to Next Page